Now that we are a few weeks into the year, please share what is your biggest struggle right now with Reading and Writing. Think of it as "Misery Loves Company" or the more optimistic view of helping each other come up with a solution.
Okay...since I typed the posting, and I obviously have some things on my mind, I'll go first:
* I am struggling with finding time to do guided reading groups and reading conferences during the same block. My conferences are pretty much taking the whole time.
* What do you do with the student that keeps switching books each day? He is picking J/R books, but will not read one from beginning to end.
* I am feeling Paper Overload...it is difficult keeping up with all of the rubrics, logs, etc.
Provide the students book bins on a weekly basis with a variety of books (AR, just right, challenging). The students can pick these books but not change them until you allow them too.
2 comments:
Okay...since I typed the posting, and I obviously have some things on my mind, I'll go first:
* I am struggling with finding time to do guided reading groups and reading conferences during the same block. My conferences are pretty much taking the whole time.
* What do you do with the student that keeps switching books each day? He is picking J/R books, but will not read one from beginning to end.
* I am feeling Paper Overload...it is difficult keeping up with all of the rubrics, logs, etc.
Provide the students book bins on a weekly basis with a variety of books (AR, just right, challenging). The students can pick these books but not change them until you allow them too.
Post a Comment